So sorry to everyone that we haven't had time to update our blog lately, a few things have changed. Bailey & Raegan have arrived!! We had to go to the hospital on Friday morning 03.06.09 around 3:00 a.m. because my contractions were coming hard and fast...again. So of course we tried to stop my labor because we were only 32 weeks and six days along. I was 4cm when we got there and blowing right through the magnesium they had given me to stop my labor. After a few hours of magnesium with no results, they checked me again to find I had gotten to 6cm. At that point Dr. Davis said we had gone too far and needed to let the girls deliver. Unfortunately after having gotten an epidural and my water broken my labor slowed and stalled eventually at 7cm. Many hours later we got to the all important 10cm to deliver Bailey first at 1:16 a.m. and then Raegan at 1:20 a.m. on March 7, 2009.
Bailey was 17 1/2 in and 4lbs 2oz, Raegan was 17 1/4 in and 4lbs 1oz. Both were healthy but were working harder than the neonatologist wanted them to trying to breathe so they were both put on the vent for about 8-10 hours. Their respiratory therapist came to our room and told us to come on down to the NICU because she was taking the girls off the vent due to them breathing over it...they didn't need it anymore.
Ten days later, St. Patrick's Day & our fifth wedding anniversary, we brought our beautiful angel babies home. Above is a pic from that day. Thanks to everyone for your love, support, and prayers. All these things put our girls safely in our arms. We love you all.
You have a beautiful family!!! The girls are just adorable. I'm so happy for you all. I'm glad you are all home together now. I can't wait to see them.
ReplyDelete