Friday, January 16, 2009


Friday January 16, 2009

Hi everybody and welcome to our blog. I decided to start this for a couple of reasons. My sister-in-law started one a couple of years ago and I love how she keeps me up to date with what's going on with the girls, what they're doing now, etc. A couple of other family members have one also and it's just an awesome way for us to keep up with each other.

Tomorrow I will be 26 weeks pregnant with TWINS. I know, hard to believe, and yes they are both girls. Matt & I are so excited and just can't wait. Having said that, we can. We've had a few set backs that bumped us from the "normal pregnancy" category. The day after Christmas I went into pre-term labor. Nothing major, they were able to give me a couple of injections to get it stopped. But we went back a couple of days later with some progression, I had dilated to 1cm. So after a last cry to be "normal" I tried a modified work schedule only to return to the doc with worsening symptoms toward pre-term delivery and I am now on bed rest.

This isn't exactly how I wanted to finish out my days of pregnancy, but who asked, right? So my soul job is to finish cooking these kids and relax. The first week has just passed and it's not all it's cracked up to be, but it's getting the job done. I am very thankful for a wonderful medical team, supportive family, an amazing husband who doesn't hesitate to take care of EVERYTHING for me, and most of all God's grace that these girls are even in existence.

I'll put the pictures of the progression with the nursery up as soon as I get them off the camera, we love it. Oh, and a big thanks to Michelle & Bradley for the nursery set. That was a huge expense we didn't have to make.


No comments:

Post a Comment