ouch
So the same day that Tristan cut his hand Matt had a small casualty earlier that morning. He was using a hand held grinder with a fiber cutting blade on it to cut some stainless steel. It got in a bind and kicked off the steel coming around and hitting him on the top of his first finger on the left hand. At first he didn't realize he was hurt, but soon noticed the big chunk of blade sticking out of his hand.
He came home before going to have it seen about so I could look at it and see if it was bad enough to even go in town. So at that point I'm thinking it's not that bad, right? When he uncovered it I could see the tendon through all of the hamburger meat looking tissue where the blade had torn it up so bad!
Needless to say I sent him to have the doc look at it. Dr. Nicks scrubbed it real good and said the tendon was intact so he just put some really ugly stitches in it. He didn't have a lot to work with because like I said the cutting blade had torn up the tissue pretty bad. We barely escaped having to go to surgery and are so thankful for that. It could have been a lot worse, check out the link to Tristan's blog from this page to read about and see the pics of his accident from the very same day.
No comments:
Post a Comment